9 Jan, 2022
Trail Run Australia Snowy Mountains | COVID-19 Aid Station Update
Over the past weeks the team have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation in New South Wales and throughout the country.
Like everything over the past two years things are constantly changing and we continue to adapt to this ever-changing and dynamic situation. Based on the current information, we have been working hard to adapt the COVID safe plan for the Snowies MultiSport Festival to make every attempt to keep the events on track and to ensure that we can best protect the health, safety and wellbeing of athletes, staff, partners, volunteers and the local community.
Part of this planning has included ensuring that we can deliver the Aid Stations at Trail Run Australia in a COVID-Safe way. To deliver a COVID-Safe Aid Station will require a higher number of staff and volunteers. Based on staffing levels being low across the country we recognise that there will be a lower number of volunteers available to assist with the event this year. To accommodate this, and to ensure athletes will still have full access to all the nutrition and hydration they require the Aid Station Plan below has been developed:
- Stocked aid stations will be located at Lake Crackenback Resort and at Ngarigo Campgrounds as outlined in the plan below.
- Water trailers will be located at all aid stations as outlined below.
- Athletes will be able to access their own support boxes stocked with personal items and personal nutrition etc as outlined below.
- We will ask all athletes to support the COVID Safe initiatives in place and this includes:
- Following the procedures outlined in the COVID Safe Self Support Strategy;
- Ensuring Support Boxes are well stocked with the personal equipment and nutrition you will require to support yourself throughout the run; and
- Socially Distancing at aid stations and consider wearing masks if this isn’t possible.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank athletes, staff, volunteers and our partners for supporting us to be able to keep the event on track while protecting the health, safety and well-being of all involved.
Being COVID safe is a shared responsibility, and we thank you for the part you are playing to support the event and the local community.
Aid Station Information | 70k & Marathon[table “29” not found /]
Aid Station Information | Half, 11k, 5k
|NUMBER||LOCATION||CHECK POINT||DISTANCE HALF MARATHON||DISTANCE 11K||DISTANCE 5K||FOOD||PROVIDED|
|Aid Station 1||Bullocks Hut||CP 4||2.8km||2.6km||206km||NO||Water|
|Aid Station 2 (a)||Diggings||CP 6||6.3km||n/a||n/a||NO||Water|
|Aid Station 3||Ngarigo||CP 16||11.1km||n/a||n/a||YES||Water, Orange Slices and Lollies|
|Aid Station 2 (b)||Diggings||CP 6||15.9km||n/a||n/a||NO||Water|
|Aid Station 4||Lake Crackenback Resort||HQ FINISH||21km||11km||5km||YES||Water, Orange Slices and Lollies|
Snowies MultiSport Festival | Self Support Strategy
Snowies MultiSport Festival | COVID safe Initiatives
Join the #in2adventure Conversation
- Visit>our website
- Follow>us on Twitter #TreXTri #TrailRunAus and #GetDirtyDownUnder
- Like>us on Facebook
- Look> on Instagram #TreXTri #TrailRunAus and #GetDirtyDownUnder
- Watch>In2Adventure TV
- Link> to us on LinkedIn
In2Adventure 2021/22 EVENTS
|18 Sep 2021||TreX Port Stephens||Port Stephens, NSW||WQE|
|19 Sep 2021||Trail Run Australia Tomaree||Port Stephens, NSW|
|23 Oct 2021||TreX Sunshine Coast||Sunshine Coast, Qld||WQE|
|24 Oct 2021||Sunshine Coast MTB Festival||Sunshine Coast, Qld|
|20 Nov 2021||TreX Goldfields||Bendigo, Vic||WQE|
|21 Nov 2021||Trail Run Australia Goldfields||Bendigo, Vic|
|4-6 Feb 2022||Snowies MTB Festival||Snowy Mtns, NSW|
|18-19 Feb 2022||Trail Run Australia Snowies Ultra||Snowy Mtns, NSW|
|20 Feb 2022||TreX Snowy Mountains||Snowy Mtns, NSW||WQE|
|23 Apr 2022||TreX Championships||Sunshine Coast, Qld|
|24 Apr 2022||Trail Run Australia Sunshine Coast||Sunshine Coast, Qld|